Episode aired: 09/14/2011
JUDGING PANEL: Tyra Banks Nigel Barker Andre’ Leon Talley
GUEST JUDGE: Nicki Minaj
PHOTO SHOOT THEME: Embodying their personalities that became famous on their former cycles.
PHOTOGRAPHER: Celeste Canino
PHOTO ASSIGNMENTS: (# represents their previous cycle)
Shannon Ratliff (1) – Angelic Camille McDonald (2) – Diva Brittany Bower (4) – Party Girl Bre Skullark (5) – Ghetto Fab Lisa D’Amato (5) – Wild Child Bianca Golden (9) – Loud and Sassy Dominique Reighard (10) – Masculine/Feminine Sheena Sakai (11) – Harlem but not Hoochie Isis King (11) – Confidence Allison Harvard (12) – Quirky Doll Laura Kirkpatrick (13) – Country Cutie Angelea Preston (14) – Girl from the Hood Kayla Ferrel (15) – Proud Lesbian Alexandria Everett (16) – Tough California Girl
- Angelea doesn’t care for Bianca.
- Bianca doesn’t like Camille.
- Isis announced she had reassignment surgery.
- Dominique just had a baby girl this year and named her Bre’.
- Shannon refused to pose in the lace bottoms because they looked like lingerie and it’s against her morals but she did the shot in a pair of bikini bottoms…go figure!
- Bianca went from getting her hair shaved in her cycle 9 to getting long red highlights in this recent photo shoot and she is not happy.
- The first judging was live at the Nokia Plaza at L.A. Live.
- Alexandria got booed during the live panel judging.
PHOTO OF THE WEEK: Isis King
- Brittany Bower because her photo was not super strong. The crowd somewhat remembered her and somewhat didn’t remember her.
- Alexandria Everett because the crowd booed her and that made the judges wonder if they made a mistake bringing her back.
ELIMINATED: Brittany Bower
- Andre’ Leon Talley is an excellent addition with the judges.
- Nicki Manaj really had an eye for critiquing the models. She did a great job!
- The live audience should not have been considered in the judging process because they represent only a small portion of the viewers and fans.
- Hoping the girls don’t tear each other down trying to further themselves.
- This season, a little less drama and more productive content would be great!
- Nigel should cut his hair low again.
- Mr. Jay and Ms. “J” are always a pleasure to watch!
Click the following for: Summary of Results and Guest Only! for Cycle 17.
I’m SMarchel and Blog on it! It’s my Opinion!