Episode aired: 09/21/2011
JUDGING PANEL: Tyra Banks Nigel Barker Andre’ Leon Talley
GUEST JUDGE: Ashlee Simpson
GUEST ADVISER: Martin Lindstrom – Global Branding Expert/Author
GUEST ADVISER’S TASK: Used one word to describe the model’s realistic image brand based on the Poll Feedback from the fans. (Their one-word descriptions are listed with the PHOTO ASSIGNMENTS.
PHOTO SHOOT THEME: Created a signature “Pink’s Hotdog, keeping their Brand in mind. This weeks “Photo of the Week” will have their photo on Pink’s website to usher in a new menu item “America’s Next Top Model Dog”
Note: Pink’s has been in business since 1939 and is located in Hollywood, CA and is known as “The Hotdog For The Stars”.
PHOTOGRAPHER: Ricky Middlesworth
PHOTO ASSIGNMENTS: (# represents their previous cycle)
Shannon Ratliff (1) – Trustworthy Camille McDonald(2) – Proud Bre Skullark (5) – Girlfriend Lisa D’Amato (5) – Daring Bianca Golden(9) – Candid Dominique Reighard (10) – Survivor Sheena Sakai (11) – Unexpected Isis King(11) – Inspiration Allison Harvard (12) – Unique Laura Kirkpatrick (13) – Lovable Angelea Preston (14) – Persistence Kayla Ferrel (15) – Free Alexandria Everett (16) – Tough
- Angelea didn’t care that Brittany was eliminated.
- Sheena wants to empower the Asian Modeling market.
- Bianca catches Camille and Dominique talking about her. She said it doesn’t matter what they said because gossip is gossip, but then she asks them what they were saying. Dominique denies talking about her. Although all they were talking about was Bianca’s “Brand” word.
- The ladies got “TY-overs”, which is a Tyra inspired makeover, and the makeovers will include nail and skin care. Ashlee Simpson is on board to assist Mr. Jay and Ms. “J” with overseeing the “Ty-Overs” The girls will be in the hands of Bellacures, Dr. Tess Dermatology & Cosmetics Center LaJolla to name a few.
- Alexandria, Bre’ and Lisa got their hair cut short and Alexandria is in shock. Lisa was whining on how long it is going to take for her to grow her hair back, for her upcoming wedding. Bre’ was overwhelmed with her short cut and losed her confidence. Bre’ threatened to go home because she didn’t even want to look at herself. Producers convinced her to stay and she pulled it together by thinking of her Brand “Girlfriend”.
- Jay said Laura did a great job in her photo shoot. Angelea knocked his socks off. Bianca was his biggest surprise of the day for the way she handled her shoot…he liked her. Jay said Bre’s photo poses were soft and weak.
- Jay asked Laura to demonstrate to Camille how she posed in her shoot. Bianca said that is embarrassing and tells Laura if she got up in her shoot they were not going to be friends anymore.
- Alexandrea cried as Oprah says “the ugly tears”, because she loved her look for the photo shoot. At least they were happy tears.
- Bre’ was appreciative that Bianca tried to make her feel better about her haircut.
PHOTO OF THE WEEK: Lisa D’Amato
- Kayla Ferrel because she used to be afraid to tell who she was and broke free but that strong Kayla is lost.
- Sheena Sakai, although she is stunning, it’s not being reflected in her photos.
ELIMINATED: Sheena Sakai
- Isis had an amazing dress on during judging that she made herself.
- The dresses Laura’s Grandmother “Wanda Sue” custom made for Laura, are very cute. Andre’ Leon Talley is even impressed with her dresses.
- Really going to miss Sheena’s wardrobe, I thought she had a very sexy & classy style.
- Glad that Nigel’s hair is cut low again. It really shocked me that Tyra pulled clippers out and started cutting his hair herself. Great way to support today’s topic. Nigel is back to his brand…Sexy Photographer.
Click the following for: Summary of Results and Guest Only! for Cycle 17.
I’m SMarchel and Blog on it! It’s my Opinion!