you're reading...
America's Next Top Model - Cycle 17, Gossip/News Reports/Announcements

ANTM – Cycle 17 – Angelea Preston Cancels “Tell All” Press Conference?

pix source The CW

12/10/2011

Gossip

Angelea backed out of the “Tell All” Press Conference that was scheduled for today.  Apparently the pressure from the Network pushed her to make the decision.  Angelea is choosing to lay low and let Lisa D’Amato have her shine as the Official Winner of ANTM All Stars Cycle 17.

My Opinion

This has been a huge topic for the past couple of days.  I still am not sure of what the real truth really holds.  However, if the above Gossip is true, I salute Angelea for being the bigger person and not raining on Lisa D’Amato’s parade.  I also congratulate Lisa once again.  The truth will certainly come out but until it does, at least Lisa can find her way through the chaos and shine!

UPDATE: ANTM – Cycle 17 – Angelea Preston’s New Management claims Press Conference a Miscommunication!

I’m SMarchel and Blog on it!  It’s my Opinion!

Source:  Alycia Kaback

Discussion

16 thoughts on “ANTM – Cycle 17 – Angelea Preston Cancels “Tell All” Press Conference?

1. While most sites theorize that she leaked spoilers on Facebook or Twitter, it’s still hearsay. I do follow Angelea on twitter and there was never any comment like “I’m the winner” from her. If anything, right before her outburst with Dominique she tweeted “The Angelea show has officially begun”. That’s as close as it got to any insinuation that the focal point of the show is her. Other rumors include her getting pregnant during the course of the competition, and that Nigel saying on the final panel that “we learned information from Angelea” making her “ineligible” would make sense. Otherwise, a debilitating health condition or a felony conviction might be another plausible reason. But why all the secrecy? Some sites speculate that Angelea carried on an intimate relationship with one of the producers of the show. And if she indeed got knocked up, this would SHAME the entire network and its empire and ruin its reputation.

Posted by Michael Dominic Juan | December 11, 2011, 11:47 pm
    • Excellent reply Michael. I was just hoping that it wasn’t something that would ruin lives. I think the secrecy is so Lisa will not be overshadowed by the scandal. Unfortunately, it’s not working. Thank you so much for updating the readers about her twitter and Facebook entries. Please come back when you can!

Posted by smarchel | December 12, 2011, 1:52 am
  2. Throughout the whole cycle, I was always constantly reading Angelea’s tweets regarding the show. She didn’t mention anything about her winning. The only thing I saw which made everyone think that she won the competition was her description on her twitter account. It goes something like this: “Baby tyra in the making! Don’t get what I’m insinuating? Watch ANTM All Stars!”. This is not the exact phrase from her, though. And then, shortly before the finale aired, I checked her twitter account again and her description changed from that to: “Top Model, Role Model, All Star!!!”

Why don’t we use our logic. If Angelea didn’t win, then CW wouldn’t waste their time and money on re-shooting the finale. Makes sense, right?

Posted by eonstevens | December 12, 2011, 5:50 am
    • We know she won, there is no doubt about that. The thing is what did Angelea say to get herself disqualified? It must be something really serious, because if it wasn’t they would have said what it was on the show. No one sabotaged her, she was the oe who supposedly told them of whatever information it was.

Thank you for your comment. Please stop by again soon!

Posted by smarchel | December 12, 2011, 7:04 am
    • Nice hypothesis, but I disagree.
      If Angelea lost, they would still have to re-shoot the finale. They can’t have a shot saying, “Angelea is disqualified”…. and then show her at panel being placed even second or third. It wouldn’t make sense to the viewers! Also, it would be more fair to let the judges decide again without the added competition of Angelea (which is what they did).

SMarchel, why do you say you know she won?

Posted by Sharry | December 12, 2011, 2:54 pm
      • Sharry: It is only my opinion, but when you look back at final panel. It seems that Allison was okay with it all. You could really feel that the “Wild Child” Lisa was not there when announced the winner. So it seems, because of Allison’s behavior and Lisa’s behavior it would lead you to believe that Lisa was getting the win by default and she was not happy. Don’t get me wrong the record books says that Lisa won, but the true circumstances has yet to be known.

Thank you for your comments.

Posted by smarchel | December 13, 2011, 1:44 am
      • If Angelea did not won, and was retroactively disqualified, there would be no reason to reshoot the finale. There would not even be a reason to tell the viewers she was disqualified. However, since she very likely did win, they had to reshoot the finale with only Allison and Lisa. You’ll notice that there was no tension or eagerness in the air, and neither Allison nor Lisa looked happy. No one wants to come in second.

Angelea definitely won and was later DQed; no way would the network go to the expense of reshooting the finale if she didn’t.

Posted by Jenna | December 13, 2011, 2:24 pm
      • Jenna: That is how I felt. It seems Lisa’s Brand “Wild Child” was nowhere to be found. It was a sense of disappointment vibe going on. They got through it. I just feel bad that Lisa has a win under such weird circumstances.

Posted by smarchel | December 13, 2011, 7:10 pm
      • I agree with Jenna. I really think Angelea won the title. Because there’s actually no point in re-shooting the finale if one of the competitors, who was subsequently disqualified, did not win the title. If she did not win, then the show would no longer say that she was disqualified because what’s the sense?

Let’s pretend this was the original decision:
        Winner: Allison Harvard
        1st runner up: Angelea Preston
        2nd runner up: Lisa D’Amato

And then Angelea was disqualified, don’t you guys think it won’t matter anymore? Because Lisa could have just taken the place of Angelea and Allison will still be ANTM?

Now, let’s say this was the original decision:
        Winner: Angelea Preston
        1st runner up: Lisa D’Amato
        2nd runner up: Allison Harvard

And then Angelea was disqualified, so the show would have to re-shoot the finale because they couldn’t just say “Oh, since Angelea was disqualified, we will just let Allison take the title”.

America’s Next Top Model is still a reality tv show, and with it comes the “competition”. Probably Allison was better than Lisa if you count Angelea’s participation on the show, but without Angelea, I think Lisa’s personality shone throughout the whole competition. And watch the finale, Allison seemed okay with the whole “America’s Next Top Model is… Lisa”. It felt like it was staged or something, because how could you feel happiness if you only win by default, right?

But I really think Allison should’ve won since Tyra said: “We will consider your entire body of work”. And for crying in a bucket, Allison was way better than Lisa because the former was only in the bottom two once, while the latter was there twice.

This is just my opinion. I respect if you disagree with what I just said.

Posted by eonstevens | December 14, 2011, 12:27 am
      • Eonstevens: I totally respect your opinion! I always will remember the last panel and I have said it 1k times “Wild Child” Lisa was not at that panel. She did not show near the emotion she would have shown had it been a surprise announcement. Thank you for breaking it down like that, it really gives a better perspective.

Posted by smarchel | December 14, 2011, 2:40 am
      • SMarchel: I agree with you. Something was missing during the final judging.

Posted by eonstevens | December 14, 2011, 5:23 am
  3. i dont feel the real joy in Lisa’s eyes when she won,.. ;I

Posted by bakz agbuya | December 12, 2011, 5:23 pm
  4. She didn’t “back out” of the press conference; there was never one scheduled to begin with. Those reports were false from the start. Unless you hear something directly from Angelea or her publicist don’t believe it.

Posted by Jenna | December 13, 2011, 2:17 pm

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: ANTM – Cycle 17 – Angelea Preston Telling Her Side of the Story? « ListenSpeakBlog - December 10, 2011

2. Pingback: #ANTM :: Janice Dickinson Says “America’s Next Top Model” is Rigged! | TopicPls - December 16, 2011

Let us know your view:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s