“Get Into Character”
JUDGES: Abby Lee Miller (Wants a flawless dancer.) Richy Jackson (through their movement, looking for that thing that makes them go “aaaahhhh!!!!!” even though they can’t say that. Robin Antin (Looking for a star, a dancer that can get up on stage and be a dancer and a real artist.)
PRIZE: $100,000 cash prize and a scholarship to the Young Dancer Program at the Joffrey Ballet School in New York.
HOST: Kevin Manno
12 MOMS/DAUGHTERS OR SONS: (# represents child’s age) (Week Eliminated wk?)
- Kelly/Jordyn (12) Gina/Zack (13) Yvette/Hadley (12) Elisabeth/Erin (13)
- Shayna/Tua (9)
Renee/Tessa(12)wk 1 Maria/Lexine (11) Kristen/Kyleigh Jai (10)wk 2
- Kristie/Asia (7) Coreen/Madison (13) Kris/Brianna (13) Mayelin/Amanda(12)
GROUP DANCE CHALLENGE: (45 minutes to learn the combination Abby chooses winner winner receives a solo. (jazz, hiphop, contemporary or tap)
THIS WEEKS SKILL: Character (Portray The Role Assigned)
GROUP DANCE CHOREOGRAPHER: Ketty McNamee
GROUP CHALLENGE WINNER: Lexine (Style: Lyrical) Lexine’s Duet Choice: Hadley
DANCE TRIO THEME: American Extremes
- #1 Choreographer – Victor Rojas – Funk
- #2 Choreographer – Kitty McNamee – Jazz
- #3 Choreographer – Anthony Burrell – Hip Hop
- #4 Choreographer – Anthony Burrell – Jazz Contemporary
- #5 Choreographer – Ricky Palomino – Lyrical
GROUP NUMBER: Choreographer – Kitty McNamee – Feature – Brianna – Theme – Feeling Left Out
- Yvette speaking with Shayna about what Tua needs to do to beat Asia.
- Kristie doesn’t show up for rehearsal because she thinks Tua had a private lesson with Yvette. Seem’s as though that rumor was spread by non other than Yvette. Although Tua thinks that Kelly spread the rumor. Unfortunately, Kristie doesn’t want to hear an explanation from Shayna and it makes Shayna burst into tears. Shayna asks Yvette to stay away from her daughter.
TOP PERFORMERS OF THE WEEK: None Named
- Asia – Were not blown away with her performance.
- Tua – Didn’t shine. No connection with Tua.
ELIMINATED: Tua (Shayna – Mom)
- Loved when Hadley told her mom Yvette, she should have stayed out of the drama between Kristie and Shayna.
- Asia’s comment made her sound a little cocky. I hope she realizes the work she really needs to put in to stay.
- Click the following for:
- Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition – Season 1 – Episode 2
- Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition – Season 1 – Episode 1
- Summary of Results Only! for Season 1
I’m SMarchel and Blog on it! It’s my Opinion